Thursday, July 8, 2010

I heart Lindsey Kelk

I occasionally enjoy the guilty pleasure of reading some mainstream chick-lit I am particularly partial to anything that involves someone who works at a magazine. I wonder why?

If you’re looking to expand your chic lit collection, check out the ‘I heart’ books by Lindsey Kelk. I bought her second book I heart Hollywood (not realising it was the second book) at an airport when I was dying for something light, easy and in English to read on the long haul flight between Milan and New York. This definitely fit the bill, it was funny, enjoyable and showed a few insights into magazine work in the US.

The ‘I heart’ series follows magazine journalist Angela Clark who moved to New York from the UK after having her heart broken. As an Australian who has visited both Los Angeles and New York, I found her outsiders perspective of these towns hilarious as I had so many similar thoughts and experiences there myself.

Lindsey’s next book I heart Paris releases in Perth on August 1. On one final note, what’s not to love about an author who is described in her bio with the line: “Lindsey likes to wear shoes, shop for shoes and judge the shoes of others.” Classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment