Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Cook a roast while camping - seriously!

I have to admit when I first saw this picture, I thought it was some kind of new cutting edge turntable for the ‘unce unce’ generation (oh my lord, did I really say that - now I feel so very old).

In actual fact, this is the latest toy gadget for gourmets everywhere. It seems after being spoiled by months of MasterChef, Australian’s are no longer content with a billy, a camp oven or even the old barbeque and instead want all the comfort of home whenever they travel.

As a result Omega have released this new portable induction cooktop, which will have you whipping up a stir fry for the whole family – even if you’re in the middle of the Nullaboor.

If that's not enough you could invest in a ‘mini kitchen’, which is a multifunctional oven/grill/microwave in which you can successfully roast a chicken. Seriously – haven’t you always wanted to roast a chicken while camping? I wouldn’t know, my idea of roughing it is a hotel room without a spa bath.

If these new products have you running for the nearest electrical retailer - than here are the key details. The hot plate retails for $149 and the Mini Kitchen for $449. Stockist details are available at  www.omegaappliances.com.au or by calling 9478 0466.

No comments:

Post a Comment