Thursday, July 1, 2010

Food and wine and cooking, oh my!

If you love great food and good wine (and really who doesn’t) make sure you check out the Good, Food & Wine Show on at the Perth Convention Centre this weekend.

This is the event’s third year and there are heaps of things to do, see, buy and most importantly taste! I will be there on Sunday myself with a glass of cab sav in hand as I work my way around the 150 stalls.

And if you’re a celebrity stalker like me, you can watch live cooking demonstrations from a virtual plethora of celebrity TV chefs (if a group of crows is a murder, what’s a group of chefs a coronary?). George Calombaris, Gary Mehigan, Matt Moran, Manu Feildel, Dominique Rizzo and Tobie Puttock will all make appearances, which should excite even the most jaded reality-show lover.

It’s open Friday from 10am to 4.30pm and again for an After Dark session from 6pm-9.30pm. Or check it out Saturday between 10-6pm or Sunday 10-5pm. Adult tickets are $30, kids (6-16) $22. Children younger than five are free.

Make sure you wear your stretchy pants!

No comments:

Post a Comment