Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The best place to get a coffee

Eco Coffee CupI have a confession to make, I do not drink coffee. Horrifying I know - particularly for someone who works in the media, but there you have it. I did read with interest however the articles in The West the other day about how Perth has some of the most expensive coffee prices in Australia (read some of it here).

It seemed quite timely that consumer body CHOICE has just completed a study into the best chain stores for coffee in Australia. To cut to the chase when it came to beans Michel's Patisserie came out trumps while beans from Starbucks and Gloria Jeans received the lowest scores. You can view the full article from CHOICE at www.choice.com.au/coffeechain.

Interesting fact: A four-year study of Melbourne coffee drinkers showed chain outlets are preferred by young females and people born overseas. By contrast, independent cafes are preferred by Australian-born customers and are popular with older coffee drinkers.

What do you think? Are you one of those people who can't get through the day without an intravenous drip of coffee or like me do you see a remarkable similarity between drinking coffee and hot water with dirt?

2 comments:

  1. Good coffee is hard to find!! I prefer the small cafe than chain coffee. Milkd is one of my favourites

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Milkd is great. I also rate Cimbalino. Where else does good coffee? I am always on the look out for new places to try.

    ReplyDelete