Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Last Night at Chateau Marmont

I just finished reading Last Night at Chateau Marmont by Lauren Weisberger of The Devil Wears Prada fame. This book was a birthday present and I have to say I enjoyed every minute of it. It was a light-hearted fun read but interesting enough that I didn't want to put it down.

For me the story felt a bit like The Devil Wears Prada (only the movie not the book) in reverse. Instead of Andrea becoming a workaholic to build her career and destroying her relationship with Nate in the process, 'Last Night' is the story of married nutritionist Brooke who after years of supporting her husband as he pursues a musical career, struggles to cope with his new found fame.

Definitely worth a read. I enjoyed it a lot more than Chasing Harry Winston and as much as Everyone Worth Knowing.

You can check out what Lauren is up to on her blog http://laurenweisberger.com/blog/ and read a great Q&A with her about this book here.

No comments:

Post a Comment