Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Are your horses all lined up?


Melbourne Cup, like Christmas, rolls around every single year. So why is it every year I find myself surprised it is ‘that time again’ and completely clueless about what I am doing?

Perhaps this year it is also because I no longer have a workplace full of people to celebrate it with (a sweepstake of one isn’t quite the same). So what I want to know is what are you wonderful WA Style readers doing for Melbourne Cup? Will there be funny hats and fancy dresses all round?

If like me you’re stuck for somewhere to go, I like the sound of The Luxe Bar’s Top Hat function. $65plus booking fee gets you a glass of Veuve on arrival and lots of other great goodies. In their words:

“Top Hat is a day at the races for the dukes and dames of Beaufort Street, boasting a cocktail luncheon of royal proportions. Hand made for those with a taste for detail, Dish Catering deliver a menu fit for any aristocrat. 
“Hosted by Anths and Simon from RTRFM with Shifty Translation providing your soundtrack for the day. See the freshest fashion brought to you by Varga Girl complemented with this summers hottest footwear from Betts with ladies from Vivien's, hair by Scissor Sister and makeup from Napoleon Perdis.” 

Oh, and you you can watch the race as well. Call 9228 9680 or visit www.bamBOObamBOObamBOO.com for more info. 

So where are you planning to go? If you know of any other great events scheduled for November 2, let me know and we can share them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment