Monday, January 11, 2010

Pet's online?


I have to admit if I was looking to add a new furry friend to the family, I probably wouldn't have thought to look online - but it seems I am the exception rather than the rule.

I just received an announcement from online service Pet Rescue (www.petrescue.com.au) that they are about to rehome their 50,000th pet.

"Social media tools and the internet has allowed us to connect with animal lovers across the country," says Vickie Davy, website spokesperson. "People don't only visit PetRescue to adopt, they want to hear the 'happily ever after' of every single pet listed on the website."

If you're looking for a new pet, make sure you check out all the WA listings on the website. There are heaps of gorgeous kittens, puppies and adult dogs and cats (and even a rabbit or two) looking for loving homes. I am a big advocate of adopting pets rather than heading to a pet store, my two beautiful cats are both from an animal shelter and I couldn't have asked for two more wonderful pets.

No comments:

Post a Comment