Friday, February 18, 2011

Taking One Step at a Time

For a long time I have had the dream of writing a novel. Actually scratch that, I think I have had the natural urge to write since I could read (age 3 actually). I was writing epic adventures about a family of koalas in kindergarden, which my mum has lovingly kept.

The only problem is, now I have passed the big 3-0 and I may have had dozens (even hundreds) or articles published, I still haven't made that step into novel territory. I have made several attempts but life, self confidence and a whole range of other factors seem to get in the way.

I have decided to stop making excuses and make a real step towards my goal so I have enrolled in a creative writing course at the Sydney Writing School starting on Monday.

Yes, I am a bit nervous that I won't be very good at it. But I am trying to remember I am doing this for me and not anyone else so I am going to give it a red hot go. Fingers crossed the lovely ladies over there will be able to break through my years of writing habits and teach me how to let go of the facts and just make something up! Will keep you posted. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment