Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Going Bollywood

I posted earlier this week about going Middle Eastern. It seems that's definitely the theme for the week as tonight myself and two close friends are heading to our first class of a six week Bollywood dancing course.

I first hit on the idea when writing a feature for the Mind & Body section in The West Australian a few weeks back. It was about exercise for over 50s and one of my focus was fitness activities for adults that take us back to our childhood. I looked at adult dancing classes, trampolining and surfing lessons. The editor told me afterwards she had dozens of calls from people wanting to know more about the classes on offer, so clearly the ideas hit the mark.

Although I may not be over 50, I am keen to get out of my comfort zone and since the idea of taking up adult trampolining absolutely scares the bejesus out of me, I decided the adult-only beginners class for Bollywood was just the ticket (I couldn't really see myself popping and locking through a hip hop class or wearing a pink tutu and standing on my tiptoes for adult ballet either).

Now I just have to figure out what to wear. I have visions of me rocking up in yoga pants, singlet, sneakers and a sweat towel to a class full of exotic beauties wearing flowing chiffon... Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment