Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Are you a celebrity stalker?

I use the word stalker quite loosely here (really I do) but I sometimes wonder if living in the media-soaked environment we do that living in WA - a state completely berefit of local celebrities of any kind - when we leave our sheltered home we turn into feindish celebrity stalkers. Or maybe that's just me. Please tell me I am not alone?

I recently returned from a trip to New York and now I intend to shamelessly name drop all the celebrities I had the pleasure to stalk see from a safe and respectful distance. The first and definitely the best on my list was Scarlett Johansson. I had the great pleasure of seeing Scarlett Jo and Liev Schreiber in their final Broadway preformance of A View From The Bridge. This show was absolutely fantastic. It was also an experience in itself to hang around at the 'stage door' outside the cinema for the celebrities to emerge.


Liev was a real gentleman and was able to avoid the crowds screams of 'we love Naomi' while he signed a few autographs for the fans. Although the wait for Scarlett was quite a long one, it was worth the wait as she emerged to sign autographs and pose with fans. Unforunately for me she also wore a large hat and spent most of the time looking down at bits of paper thrust in front of her nose so the only photo I got was of the over-enthusiastic mob of New Yorkers and tourists and the corner of her hat and golden blonde hair. Oh well.

The next big celebrity spotting session was at a game of the New York Nicks (that's basketball people). Mark Walberg was happily sitting in the front row as was Ethan Hawke. Straining our eyes into the crowd my husband also spotted Jerry Ferrara (Turtle from Entourage).

I am sure there were plenty of other celebrities lurking 'just around the corner' during our trip, I was pretty happy to say at least I saw a few. That should feed my obsession - at least for the next few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment