Friday, April 30, 2010

Iron Man 2 tops box office

I have to admit Iron Man didn't really rock my world, although I did see it on a plane, but perhaps I am alone in that. Certainly the box office results for Iron Man 2 suggest I may be. 

In it's opening day at the Australian box office the movie took $1.81 million making it the biggest opening day so far in 2010 and the biggest ever opening day for a Marvel film.

The first Iron Man took $1.16 million in its opening day and went on to make $20 million at the Australian box office and more than $572 million world wide. 

The film is definitely not short on start power with the return of Robert Downey Jr. and Gwyneth Paltrow as well as the additions of Scarlett Johansson, Sam Rockwell, Mickey Rourke and Samuel L. Jackson.

No comments:

Post a Comment